WorldDAB has launched the WorldDAB Excellence in Automotive Award.
WorldDAB Automotive Group Chairman, Laurence Harrison, announced the new award at the WorldDAB Automotive 2019 conference in Turin, Italy.
According to the organization, the award “recognizes outstanding work carried out on the development, innovation and promotion of digital radio within the automotive industry.” It honors significant contributions of individuals, groups or teams working toward optimizing the experience of digital radio in the car, and has particular focus on the “recognition of technical expertise and project collaboration.”
The judging panel consists of a small group from the senior team at WorldDAB, chaired by the WorldDAB president. Areas of consideration include:
- Impact — individual contribution to a product, service or technical development which has helped or improved the current use and/or state of digital radio;
- Personal — leadership, expertise, championing, commitment and success;
- Collaboration – collaborative effort and engagement with the wider industry.
WorldDAB will announce the first winner at the WorldDAB Automotive event in June 2020. The call for nominations for is now open and has a submission deadline of April 1, 2020.
To nominate yourself or a colleague, send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name, title, company, email, mobile number of nominator
- Name, title, company, email, mobile number of nominee
- 300 words describing the reasons behind the nomination — including projects the nominees have worked on, specific examples of excellence and any other information that is relevant to the nomination