Toyota Motor North America (TMNA) today reported May 2019 sales of 222,174 vehicles, an increase of 3.2 percent on a volume and daily selling rate (DSR) basis versus May 2018.
Toyota division posted May sales of 197,637 units, up 4.1 percent on a volume and DSR basis.
Lexus division posted May sales of 24,537 vehicles, down 3.4 percent on a volume and DSR basis.
May 2019 Highlights
- RAV4 sales up 13.9 percent; marking its best-ever sales month
- Tacoma sales up 6.8 percent; achieving 19 consecutive months of increased sales
- Toyota light trucks achieved best-ever May, with 122,324 vehicles sold
- Corolla Hatchback sales increased 10.0 percent; marking an all-time best-ever sales month
- Mirai sales increased 143.1 percent; a best-ever May
- Camry sales increased 20.8 percent
- Avalon sales increased 21.8 percent
- Sienna sales increased 13.7 percent
- Land Cruiser sales increased 10.4 percent
- Tundra sales increased 5.9 percent
- Total Toyota Hybrid sales up 44.7 percent
- ES sales increased 23.9 percent
- RXh sales increased 2.4 percent
- Total Lexus Hybrid sales up 40.1 percent