Both of them feature roof-mounted, pop-up tents for spending the night in the wilderness.
Update: Added live photos from the 2019 Overland Expo West.
The 2019 Overland Expo West kicks off in Flagstaff, Arizona, with custom versions of the 2019 Honda Passport and Ridgeline. Jsport Performance Accessories handles the job of outfitting these machines for making them capable of an off-road adventure. Many of the components are available from Jsport if people see these rigs and want to build their own.
The Honda Passport Adventure Lifestyle Project from Jsport sits higher thanks to a suspension lift that adds 1.5 inches (38.1 millimeters) to the front and 0.75 inches (19.1 mm) to the rear. It also rides on the firm’s 18-inch wheels with Nitto RidgeGrappler tires. In case there are any serious obstacles, the SUV has a beefy front skid plate.
More To See At The 2019 Overland Expo West:
With the off-road ability sorted, Jsport also adds more utility. The new roof rack has a pop-up tent on top so there’s also a place to sleep. A spare wheel carrier on the back adds more security in case of punctures, and it can swing out of the way for access to the rear cargo area. A new front bumper wears an LED light bar.
If you’d prefer the extra cargo functionality of a pickup bed, then Jsport’s Honda Ridgeline Adventure Lifestyle Project is the one to check out. Like the company’s take on the Passport, it has the firm’s skid plates and off-road wheels, in addition to a suspension leveling kit. There’s both a roof rack and bed rack, and the latter has a pop-up tent. Side-mounted recovery boards help with the pickup get stuck. To keep all your electronics going, there’s a Honda EU2200i generator that offers 3.2 to 8.1 hours of power from a tank of gas.
The 2019 Overland Expo West runs for the public from May 17 to 19 in Ft. Tuthill County Park, Flagstaff, Arizona, if you want to check out a wide range of off-road machines, including motorcycles and side-by-sides.
Honda to Showcase Company’s Full Off-Pavement Adventure Portfolio at 2019 Overland Expo West
· Honda Passport and Ridgeline Adventure Lifestyle Projects showcase off-road capabilities of Honda light trucks
· Honda Talon, Africa Twin Adventure Sports and CRF 250 Rally and 450L accessorized for off-grid lifestyle
· Compact, yet powerful Honda Generators and Water Pumps bring electricity, utility and convenience to the campsite
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz., May 16, 2018– Honda will showcase its family of off-road ready products at the 2019 Overland Expo West in Flagstaff, Arizona, displaying two adventure-ready light trucks plus an array of powersports and power equipment products. Taking center stage are the all-new 2019 Honda Passport five-passenger SUV and the 2019 Honda Ridgeline pickup, both specially equipped by Jsport (Jsport Performance Accessories) with off-road performance and adventure enhancements and accessories. In addition, Honda Powersports will have a fully accessorized version of the all-new Honda Talon 1000 X sport side-by-side on display, as well as three camp-ready dual-sport motorcycles, including the Africa Twin Adventure Sports, CRF250L Rally and CRF450L. Honda Power Equipment completes the adventure lifestyle display with its variety of Super Quiet Series generators, ranging from the compact EU1000i, EU2200i, EU2200i Companion and the RV-ready EU3000i Handi to the affordable Economy Series EG2800 model. And, for the ambitious outdoorsman who still wants the luxuries of the occasional shower, Honda will have the small, lightweight but efficient WX10T water pump on display, too.
Honda Passport Adventure Lifestyle Project
The Honda Passport Adventure Lifestyle Project starts with the newest addition to Honda’s SUV family, the off-road ready Honda Passport with available all-wheel drive. Working closely with Jsport, this Passport has been specially equipped for life beyond the pavement. The ride height has been increased using a Jsport lift kit, adding 1.5 inches in front and 0.75 inches of ride height in the rear. A new front skid plate has been added for additional durability, along with 18-inch Nitto RidgeGrappler tires mounted on exclusive Jsport KMC XD 18-inch wheels that take full advantage of the Passport’s available i-VTM4® torque-vectoring all-wheel drive system. A Jsport Plateau modular roof rack has been added along with a Roofnest Sandpiper rooftop tent, for better enjoyment of the great outdoors. Jsport side steps make accessing the roof rack easier, and the Jsport external swinging spare tire holder and revised front bumper give Passport the ability to carry gear an oversized spare, as well as push away brush on the trail. Capping it off are front and rear external lighting solutions from Baja Designs.
Honda Ridgeline Adventure Lifestyle Project
The Honda Ridgeline Adventure Lifestyle Project incorporates multiple upgrades and modifications to turn the 2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition into the ultimate Honda adventure truck. Jsport Performance Accessories modifications, including additional skid plates, off-road wheels and tires, and leveling kit are aimed at enhancing the pickup’s off-road and overlanding capability without compromising on-road comfort. Jsport sidesteps make it easier to access the versatile new Plateau roof rack system, while the Mesa bed rack maximizes cargo flexibility. Mounted in the Plateau roof rack is a lightweight, quiet and powerful Honda EU2200i generator for powering almost any electrical accessories that overland excursions require. All the Jsport mods to Ridgeline are available now for purchase.
The Honda Powersports lineup on display at Overland Expo West will showcase a number of different products, featuring the following:
· 2019 Honda Talon – The all-new Honda Talon marries the high-performance of CRF dirt bikes with the capability and versatility of a side-by-side. The Talon 1000R and Talon 1000X draw on countless hours of collaborative development in both two- and four-wheel design and racing, as well as automotive and powersports manufacturing know-how to push the envelope of what’s possible in a production sport side-by-side. The Honda Talon 1000X at Overland Expo West takes it further with a slew of Honda Accessories, including a full audio system, full poly vented windscreen, winch and 40-inch LED light bar.
· 2019 Africa Twin Adventure Sports – Based on the popular Africa Twin, this new Adventure Sports model offers increased sport, touring and off-road capability. New technology, enhanced comfort, longer range, more suspension travel give this adventure bike more overall performance for riders who want to explore those far-off places they’ve always dreamed about. For Overland Expo West, the Africa Twin has been outfitted with a Mosko Moto Nomad Tank Bag and Backcountry 30-liter duffle.
· 2019 Honda CRF250L Rally – Inspired by the factory CRF450 Rally machine raced in the Dakar by Team Monster Energy Honda, and based on the standard CRF250L, the CRF250L Rally is ready for weekend adventure, long-distance touring or the daily commute. Featuring styling that evokes images of adventure and travel, the bike has long-travel suspension, large-disc brakes (with available ABS), excellent weather protection and an impressive cruising range. For Overland Expo West, the CRF250L Rally has been outfitted with a Mosko Moto Reckless 40L Bags.
· 2019 Honda CRF450L – The all-new, road-legal CRF450L expands customers’ off-road possibilities by enabling access to the best riding trails on public lands, even when that means connecting them via asphalt roads. Based on the CRF450R, the durable CRF450L is a full-fledged off-road machine, but with street legality achieved via features like LED lighting, mirrors, and a dedicated exhaust system, making this bike equally at home in the woods, desert, or the roads in between. For Overland Expo West, the CRF450L has been outfitted with a Mosko Moto Reckless 40L Bags.
For more information about the full range of motorcycles, ATVs, scooters and side-by-sides, go to http://powersports.honda.com/.
Honda Power Equipment
The Honda Power Equipment lineup on display at Overland Expo West will showcase a variety of Honda generators and water pumps, offering convenience, utility and quiet operation to power even the most remote campsites.
· Honda EU1000i – Equipped with Honda’s advanced inverter technology, this model offers 1,000 watts of super-quiet power. The EU1000i can run between 3.2 to 7.1 hours on a single tank of gas, making it the perfect power choice for lights, fans, and small power tools.
· Honda EU2200i – Providing 2,200 watts of quiet, lightweight, fuel-efficient power and featuring Honda’s advanced inverter technology, the EU2200i is the company’s most popular model. It can run between 3.2 to 8.1 hours on a single tank of gas and is ideal for virtually any campsite, providing power for a variety of appliances, tools, fans or electric heaters.
· Honda EU2200i Companion – This version of the EU2200i is developed specifically for RV and trailer applications. The Companion includes both 20A and 30A plugs and can be run in parallel to another EU2200i to create up to 30 amps and 4,400 watts—ideal for running AC systems on small RVs.
· Honda EU3000i Handi – The lightest and most portable 3000-watt generator in Honda’s lineup, the EU3000i Handi is RV-ready with its 30A plug and easy to transport with its flip-up handle and sturdy transport wheels.
· Honda EG2800i – Economical and easy to handle and operate, the EG2800i can run between 5.1 to 12.1 hours on a single tank of gas, while producing 2,800 watts of electricity in its open-frame package.
· Honda WX10T Water Pump – Honda’s WX10T water pump is an easy-starting, four-stroke compact pump with a 32 gallon-per-minute capacity. It weighs only 13 lbs., and also includes a 16.5’ suction hose and an adapter for a water hose. While it might sound funny to have a water pump at Overland Expo, the WX10T is the ideal tool for creating a makeshift camp shower from the local creek or lake, making sure that campfires are extinguished before you venture further into the woods, and hosing the mud off your rig before you hit the asphalt again.
For More Information
Consumer information is available at www.honda.com. To join the Honda community on Facebook, visit facebook.com/honda. Additional media information including detailed pricing features and high-resolution photography of all 2019 Honda models is available at hondanews.com.
About Honda Automobiles
Honda offers a full line of reliable, fuel-efficient and fun-to-drive vehicles with advanced safety technologies sold through over 1,000 independent U.S. Honda dealers. The Honda lineup includes the Fit, Civic, Insight, Accord and Clarity series passenger cars, along with the HR-V, CR-V, Passport and Pilot sport utility vehicles, the Ridgeline pickup and the Odyssey minivan.
Honda has been producing automobiles in America for more than 35 years and currently operates 19 major manufacturing facilities in North America. In 2018, more than 90 percent of all Honda brand vehicles sold in the U.S. were made in North America, using domestic and globally sourced parts.
About Honda Power Equipment
Honda Power Equipment, a business unit of American Honda Motor Co., Inc., markets a complete range of outdoor power equipment, including generators, walk-behind and robotic lawn mowers, pumps, snow blowers, tillers, string trimmers, outboard marine engines and small, general-purpose engines for residential, commercial and rental applications.
About Honda Powersports
American Honda Motor Co., Inc., is the sole distributor of Honda motorcycles, scooters, ATVs and Side-by-Sides in the U.S. American Honda’s Motorcycle Division conducts the sales, marketing and operational activities for these products through independent authorized Honda retail dealers. For more information on Honda products, go to powersports.honda.com.